Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I'll See You In the Morning

When we arrived home, I found a great little package my friend Stephanie left me on the front porch.  It had an adorable outfit (perfect for our Thanksgiving dinner plans at another friend's home), a swaddling blanket, a little lovey toy, and a small book.

We changed Ida into her jammies and I sat down with her and the book, I'll See You in the Morning.  Ida was so sweet.  She was lying on her back facing up at me and I was holding the book right under my eyes, facing her, so she could see the pictures but could also see me.  The book had great illustrations for young infants - there's lots of contrast between dark and light.  We read the book all the way through with just one little break in the middle.

At 9:42, my phone buzzed:

"Shannon and Rob, i dont think i can do this."

And that was that.

From Ida's book: I'll be here if you need me.  I'm only steps away.  So close your eyes and go to sleep and dream of a brand-new day.

No comments: