Wednesday, March 3, 2010

IUI v.2

I went in for my second IUI on Sunday morning.  The procedure was the same, but they kept me waiting a really long time instead of whisking me in and out like they did the first time. I also had Dr. Sparrow in person instead of the physician's assistant.  He explained that Mark's numbers should really be above 10 million viable sperm after the wash, while they were actually at 7.5 million the first time and something around 6.8 million the second.  So, we're not doing all that well.

But since I've decided I don't really believe in IUI for us, no matter.  If it works, great.  If not, I won't be terribly surprised.

It's going to be quiet days around here for a while - really nothing new to report.

New financial update:

Initial Visit with Dr. Sparrow: $280.00
Bloodwork for Me: $23.29 (insurance actually covered a lot of the bloodwork costs)
IUI: $175.00
Semen Analysis: $100.00
Sperm Wash: $225.00
IUI v2: $175.00
Sperm Wash v. 2:  $225.00
Total:  $1203.29

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but the cliffhanger is still out there - can you take baths?

seems odd no meds for the IUI's. I mean if you are going to do them why not at least make the likelihood of success more feasible...and yes, i fully acknowledge that my lack of a medical background negates my opinion on this.

as always, hoping for the best for you!