Monday, April 5, 2010

Update

I haven't posted anything because we haven't really been working on baby stuff ever since I got annoyed with IUI.  I finally called Dr. Sparrow's office last week and told them that I want to start IVF in the next few months.  Joy said that I would have to come back in to have another consultation with Dr. Sparrow.

I'm pretty annoyed about having to have another consultation.  We already went in for a consultation.  Before the first consultation, they told me that we would get a tour of the lab and all of that kind of stuff.  It sounded interesting back then, but instead we went to the meeting, I explained everything I knew about IUI and IVF, Dr. Sparrow said that I had clearly done my homework and then encouraged us to try IUI because it is inexpensive (comparatively) and might work.  No one offered to give us any kind of a tour, nor did we really need one.

Now they tell me that I have to go back in for the tour and information about IVF.  So, that will be another $200 by the time all is said and done.  I think this is really stupid because I don't care about the tour.  Just give me a timeframe when we might start, tell me when to start the meds, and let me figure it out as I go along.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised at the tour.  Maybe I'll learn important new things.  I suppose I should have a more positive attitude.  In general, I am a person who likes to set the goal (have a baby), then figure out the steps to reach the goal (Meet with doctor, Try IUI, Try IVF, Reassess, Consider Adoption, Reassess, Go Childless), and then start working on each step.  I'm extremely linear. I feel like this second consultation is taking me several steps backward.  If we're going to do it, let's just do it and stop talking about it.

No comments: